If you’re going to put an objective statement on your resume, you better get it right. Take a look at these two statements:
and then this one:
- As a reader does one stand out more than the other?
- Does one give you an idea of what the candidate actually wants to do inside of an organization?
- Is one formatted more clearly than the other?
For me, the second objective statement (they refer to theirs as a Target) stands out beyond the first. When writing an objective statement you should consider:
- Do I need one?
- Did I clearly define what I want to do in the organization?
- Does it match the job in which I’m applying?
I hope this little quip gives you some ideas on how to approach your resume. If you’re interested in reading more about professional motivation with a little class check out the blog Classy Career Girl. We think she’s kinda awesome.