Sometimes it’s easy to fall into a rut with the clothes we wear to the office. I love that some of the key trends this season can easily be translated into career chic! I picked five of my favorite spring trends and found pieces to match from Spiegel.com and how they can keep you looking current at work without breaking the bank.
1) Black and White- Seen on countless runways, the bold contrast of black and white is hot! Pick graphic prints, and tie in floral to make the look even more fresh for spring. Pair with a pop of color, or go black and white head to toe! Try the Priscila Skirt, $79
2) Peplums- An homage to the late 80′s, I was convinced these tops that flare slightly below the waste would just look terrible on me until I actually put one on- they are amazingly flattering for just about ANY body type! They make your waist look slimmer and hide a belly or larger hips. Pair them with straight or skinny pants or a pencil skirt. Try the Hannah Top, $64
3) Hankerchief Hemlines- This flowy, asymmetrical hem gives feminine detail to a tunic or dress. To keep it more conservative for work, opt for leggings or opaque tights. Wedge heels and bare legs make this an adorable weekend choice too! Try the Ashley Tunic, $99.
4. Colored pants- Wide leg or skinny- play with colored pants to make a bold statement! Coral is my favorite at the moment, but teal, robin’s egg blue and even yellow are awesome choices. Pair with a nude pump or an equally bold, contrasting colored shoe. Try the Emily Pant, $89
5) The Sheer Button Down- Arguably one of my favorites this year, the sheer button down top super versatile. You can tuck it in, belt it, pair it with leggings- just about anything. The flowy, sheer fabric will stay cool through the summer months- just remember to wear a form fitting cami underneath. I love how the Brooklyn Shirt, $49 plays with a unique shirt tail hemline in the back!
This is a sponsored post, however all trends and pieces were picked by me!